Career guidance and counselling program just like I would always say is the best way to be in the sure path to your career success. It is the process of offering advice to students/individuals about their study method and how to discover their career. A career guidance and counseling program develops an individual's competencies in self-knowledge, educational and occupational exploration, and career planning.
It is therefore, very paramount that every individual undertakes a career guidance and counselling test; either privately or in all institutional programs, career resource centers, correctional facilities, human services agencies, community and business organizations, skill clinics, employment and placement services.
Being given an added advantage, career guidance and counselling is beneficial to everybody; youth and adults, male and female, disabled, disadvantaged, minorities, limited English proficient, incarcerated, dropouts, single parents, displaced homemakers, teachers, administrators, parents and employers. Other benefits of career guidance and counselling therefore includes:
1. Helping individuals to acquire and broaden the skills knowledge and experiences needed to identify options in order to succeed in the future.
2. Teaching individuals about the changes that occur in the labor market and complexity of the workplace
3. Increasing self-esteem and motivation
4. Building interpersonal effectiveness
5. Promotes effective job placement
6. Maximizing career opportunities
7. Improving employment marketability and opportunities
8. Helps to improve the decision making skills of the people
DO YOU THINK CAREER GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING IS BENEFICIAL TO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW?
REFERENCE TO http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ovae/pi/cte/cgcp.html