Learning is a continuous process and will always be useful in all aspects of people’s lives; meanwhile people are so busy with their careers these days that they barely have time to attend lectures/classes. That is why it is necessary for universities, vocational trainings or certification bodies to adopt the online learning management system (LMS) in order to record their lectures online so that their students can learn online with ease and convinience. I will briefly explain its meaning and its benefits.
AN ONLINE LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
An online learning management system (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery of electronic educational technology (also called e-learning) for degrees, courses or training programs. LMS is a powerful software that is combined with digital frameworks for managing curriculum, educational and training materials, as well as evaluation tools. Colleges/universities, vocational training and certification bodies use LMS to deliver online courses, augment on-campus courses and keep records as well as employee registration.
- It delivers courses, degrees and certifications with quick reach and flexibility.
- It provides the users the ability to manage its continued use over time and also provides an easy, simple and modern user interface.
- Easily adapting and reusing materials over time.
- More choices for creators of curriculum, such as method of delivery, design of materials, and techniques for evaluation.
- It is economic as it make it less costly for universities, vocational training and certification bodies to develop and maintain content.
- Improvements in professional development and evaluation, allowing companies to get more value from human resources while empowering individuals with additional tools for self-improvement.
WHAT ARE OTHER POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF USING A ONLINE LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?