careergong.com Job vacancies

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

HERE IS THE PROBLEM OF A CONFUSED EMPLOYER........

I WANT TO LEAVE MY RECENT JOB, BUT FEEL GUILTY THAT I MIGHT BE HURTING MY EMPLOYEES AND LEAVE THEM STRANDED.

This is a case that has and still occurs in so many people’s lives, it is something many of us are guilty of. A friend has asked for suggestions on what to do some time back but I was short of words as to what to say. Today again, I am seeing this someone is asking for what to do. So what do you have to say about this? Your opinion counts……..
   “I have been offered a new job but my current manager has just gone off work         to have surgery as she is very ill and will be off for nearly three months.
The thing is, I don’t like my current job. I have been there for only a few months but I feel it isn't a good fit. I don’t like most of the team, the atmosphere, environment, the work, or my long commute. I've been told that I'm not allowed to help out colleagues and need to stick to my own work. However, I have around four hours a day with nothing to do, and my requests for extra work and new responsibilities have been turned down.
The new job I have been offered is permanent, with similar pay and benefits to my present one. It’s a nice company where I have temped before, with a shorter commute, nice colleagues and a busy environment with varied work.
I feel guilty thinking about leaving (even though there is some temporary cover for my manager). I feel that I'm leaving this company in the lurch, even though I don’t like it there. I am still in my probationary period, so my notice is only one week.”
          What should be done in a situation like this? Not just one person needs these answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews past week